Buying a new-build property could save people thousands of pounds in fuel bills because they are so energy efficient, according to industry experts.
Persimmon Homes Yorkshire has drawn up a top ten list of why it is beneficial for people to buy brand new homes.
Top of the list is the huge savings people can make on keeping their home warm as new builds comply with the latest Government regulations on energy efficiency.
Kevin Thubron, sales director at Persimmon Home Yorkshire, who has 30 years’ experience in the housing industry, says it is important that people realise the advantages of living in a new home.
He said: “Statistics show that energy costs are 55 per cent less in a new build home than any other type of house – that could be an annual saving of £1,300.
“Buying a home tops the list of the most important and expensive decisions that people make in life so getting it right is critical.”
Persimmon Homes’ Top Ten List of advantages in buying a new build home:
1: Green Living: Massive energy savings as new homes are more efficient. For buyers this means new energy efficient heating systems, first-rate loft insulation and draft free double glazed windows and doors.
2. Great Incentives: Buying a house from a developer rather than a home owner offers huge benefits. Schemes including the recently launched Help to Buy, NewBuy, Part Exchange and shared equity are readily available on new homes. Developers often offer incentives to entice buyers including free carpet, curtains or cashback.
3. More time, money and freedom: There is no DIY, maintenance or repairs to do at weekends leaving buyers with the freedom and extra cash to enjoy their spare time.
4: A fresh start: A new home offers buyers a completely blank canvass. There is no need to live with someone else’s décor as everything is new and fresh.
5. Customising: When buying a new build off plan buyers have the chance to tailor their new home to their exact specification. Buyers can often choose kitchen cabinets, work surfaces, tiling and carpeting at no extra cost.
6: No chain: Buying a new home limits the chance of being caught in a time consuming and often disappointment ridden chain.
7: Security: New homes are far safer and more secure than older buildings as many new homes include security locks, burglar alarms and security lighting. Fire safety includes the installation of smoke alarms, fire doors and fire retardant materials.
8. Warranty: A new-build property comes complete with a 10-year insurance backed warranty from the NHBC.
9: Modern Living: New homes are designed to use every inch of the space as effectively as is possible. Research shows that 17 per cent of living space in older properties often goes unused.
10. High Spec Living: Buyers can expect brand new a fully fitted kitchen, bathroom suite, and in some cases an additional en-suite and dressing room. For the top end of the new build market some developers offer hi-spec integrated appliances including cooker, hob, fridge/freezer, washing machines and dishwashers which can instantly save more than £2,000.
Persimmon Homes Yorkshire currently has development across Yorkshire in: Doncaster, Bridlington, Hull, Pickering, Withernsea, Norton, Selby, Holton-Le-Clay, Lincoln, Louth, Scunthorpe and York. For information about your nearest development please click here.