Leading commercial vehicle specialist MAN Truck & Bus UK has celebrated the achievements of its young people with an awards event for more than 200 apprentices.
Hosted by TV’s Tiff Needell and held at Donington Park Race Track, the annual awards ceremony is a major date in the MAN Truck & Bus UK calendar.
All those who have completed their MAN apprenticeships were handed their graduation certificates and individual awards were presented to Mechanical Apprentice of the Year and most improved in each of the year groups, plus awards for those in the Parts and Administration categories.
Speaking at the event, aftersales director John Davies, told the apprentices: “Figures show a 10 per cent increase in the vehicle parc in the UK, while the skills base is falling by five per cent. This shows that you, our apprentices, really are the future.
“As graduates of this scheme you have reached a pivotal point in your careers. You are now skilled workers and as MAN looks to increase its market share we will require more service hours, which means more technicians. We want to retain people and we are offering career opportunities and will reward talented people.
“This is about recognising achievement and celebrating the management, supervisors and even the managing directors of the future.”
MAN Apprenticeships are managed in conjunction with the S&B Training Academy, which has a state-of-the-art CV workshop and training facility in Bristol.
• Mechanical First Year Apprentice of the Year – Jordan Vallis, MAN Nuneaton
• Mechanical Second Year Apprentice of the Year – Joseph Stevens, Cordwallis, Reading
• Mechanical Third Year Apprentice of the Year – Adam Holmes, HRVS, Ripley
• Parts Level Two Apprentice of the Year – Daniel Hardwick, ,HRVS Sheffield
• Parts Level Three Apprentice of the Year – Frank McCoy, Cordwallis, Heathrow
• Business Admin Level Two – Zak Barsby, MAN Nuneaton
• Business Admin Level Three – Bradley Smith, MAN Manchester
• First Year Mechanical – Harry James, HRVS, Leicester
• Second Year Mechanical – Joseph Hartmann, R&A Scott Auto Services Ltd
• Parts Level Two – Clayton Jeffrey, Pelican Engineering
• Parts Level Three – Joe Workman, MAN Bristol
• Business Admin Level Two – Katherine Durham, MAN Fife
• Business Admin Level Three – James Jarvis, PCL West Thurrock