The launch of the new iPhone 8 could be just eight days away.
We’ve put together the best eight online rumours we can find about what to expect.
- The iPhone 8, if the measurement predictions are accurate, is wider, thicker, and taller than the iPhone 7, but not as large as the iPhone 7 Plus.
- Expect a major iPhone redesign, with a glass body and edge to edge OLED display that does away with the Home button and perhaps replaces Touch ID with a new facial recognition system.
- Could Apple be about to add wireless charging? Hold your horses. Renowned Apple blogger John Gruber say we may need to wait a while longer for it and that an inductive charging accessory may be sold separately rather than included in the box as standard. It may also not be available until iOS 11.1 arrives after the handset launch.
- Rumours have it the iPhone 8’s front-facing camera will include advanced 3D sensing capabilities that use technology by PrimeSense, allowing it to find the location and depth of objects in front of it, enabling advanced 3D facial recognition features.
- You can also expect upgraded storage and memory, possibly starting at 64GB and 3GB of RAM.
- Could the iPhone 8 support the Apple Pencil? Rumours say yes. Start saving for another new gadget.
- The first fully water-proof iPhone? It makes sense that Apple would want to take the iPhone 8 one step further in terms of water-resistance, so making it technically waterproof is the next logical step.
- Finally, the price. Online rumblings say it won’t be cheap. The US version could start at $1000. Better get saving…