If you’ve done your research on tracking data on a website, you’ve probably discovered Google Analytics.
Google analytics is a free website service offered by Google that gives you insights into how users find and use your website.
Google Analytics helps you make decisions based on your data. Use it to help shape your marketing and PR campaigns, attract your desired audience, discover where you should be advertising and track campaign success.
Don’t let the terminology throw you, here we give you a brief definition for some of the key terms, to help get you started.
Bounce – The user’s activity on your site just involved the loading of a single page.
Conversion – Refers to activity carried out by the user which fulfils the intended purpose of the web page (product purchase, download, newsletter subscription etc.)
Entrances – The number of times visitors entered your site through a specified page or set of pages.
Entry (or Landing) Page – The entry page is the first page viewed by a website visitor.
Exit Point – The exit point is the last page viewed by a website visitor.
Page Impression – A page is loaded or reloaded by a user.
Sessions – The activity by a unique user in one visit to your site.
Visits – The total number of visits to your site, from unique or repeat visitors.
Unique Visitors – The number of unduplicated visitors to your website.
The first page you’ll see on Google Analytics is Audience Overview. Here, seven key metrics are reported.
- Sessions – The activity by a unique user in one visit to your site.
- Users – The total number of distinct devices that have accessed your site.
- Pageviews – The total number of pages viewed.
- Pages/Session – The average number of pages viewed during a visit to your site.
- Avg. Session Duration – The average duration time of a session.
- Bounce Rate – The percentage of single page visits.
- % New Sessions – The percentage of visits that were first time visits.
Want to use Google Analytics to help create impactful campaigns? We can help. Drop us a line, email@example.com