Boasting more than one billion active Instagram users worldwide, there’s no question that Instagram has quickly moved up the ranks to become one of the most popular and important social media platforms for businesses.
As Instagram celebrates its 10 year anniversary, we’re sharing an insight into the third most popular social media network.
- By the end of 2019 Instagram reached one billion active monthly users
- In its first month, Instagram gained one million users (it took Twitter two years)
- In the UK 22 million people use Instagram
- Instagram is now worth a staggering $100 billion
- 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile each day
- The amount of daily Instagram Stories (200 million) surpassed Snapchat stories (161 million) in 2017
- In 2019 Instagram introduced the ability to tag products in a post, making it easier to shop through Instagram
- The most engaged brand on Instagram is Nike, with 100 million followers
- The most followed individual on Instagram is Cristiano Ronaldo with 202 million followers
- In 2019 the most used hashtag of 2019 was #love
Business benefits of Instagram
In the ever-evolving world of social media, it’s no surprise that Instagram has become one of the most popular social media platforms. From its creative and visual appeal, to story and ad content, Instagram thrives on customer engagement.
With 68% of Instagram users regularly engaging with brands on Instagram, now is a vital time for brands to ensure they have a presence on the platform.
If you are looking for help with your social presence get in touch with us today.